We are a Data Controller under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation.
This Privacy Notice explains what Personal Data the practice holds, why we hold and process it, who we might share it with, and your rights and freedoms under the Law.
Types of Personal Data
The practice holds personal data in the following categories: Pet clinical and health data and pet owner correspondence.
Why we process Personal Data (what is the “purpose”)
“Process” means we obtain, store, update and archive data.
Pet health and pet owner correspondence data is held for the purpose of providing pets with appropriate, high quality, safe and effective care and treatment.
What is the Lawful Basis for processing Personal Data?
We hold pet and pet owner data because it is in our Legitimate Interest to do so. Without holding the data we cannot work effectively. We will process personal data fairly and lawfully, as required by the Data Protection Act.
Who might we share your data with?
- We will only share data if it is done securely and it is necessary to do so.
- Pet health data may also be stored for back-up purposes with our computer software suppliers, who will also store this information securely.
- The data we hold is used for the provision of animal care, both emergency and preventive medicine
- Accounting purposes.
- We store client data for historical clinical analysis and referral information.
- To deliver any information you request from us.
- We will not release your information to third parties beyond the Spring Lodge Veterinary Group network unless you have requested us to do so
- You have the right to be informed about the personal data we hold and why we hold it.
- If you would like to access a copy of your data that we hold please contact us directly. We will acknowledge your request and supply a response within one month.
- We maintain up-to-date records and remove inaccurate data. We regularly seek updated client information and you can make any request for updates as necessary.
- You can make a request to have your data erased in certain circumstances.
- You can transfer your data to someone else if you tell us to do so and it is safe and legal to do so.
- You can tell us not to actively process or update your data in certain circumstances.
How long is your personal data stored for?
- We will store pet health data for as long as we are providing care, treatment or recalling pets for further care. We will archive this for as long as is required for legal or insurance purposes, or as recommended by trusted experts.
- We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example we are required to hold clinical records for 7 years).
What if you are not happy or wish to raise a concern about our data processing?
- You can complain in the first instance to our Data Protection Officer, Neil Hodson at Spring lodge Veterinary Group, Powers Hall End, Witham, CM8 2HG and we will do our best to resolve the matter. If this fails, you can complain to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling 0303 123 1113.
Protecting your personal details on our website
You can visit the majority of our website without revealing any personal information about yourself. However, there are times when we need to collect information so we can provide the services that you request. We may keep this information in a database.
How we collect personal information
To learn how to disable cookies on browsers please click here – https://support.google.com/accounts
b) Website analytics
Each time a user visits our website, web analytics software provided by a third party generates an anonymous analytics cookie.
This is for statistical purposes and includes information such as most visited pages, types of browsers used to access our site, technology used, referring sites, IP addresses, geographical and demographic information. The information collected is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
c) Completion of our online forms
We collect information about you when you complete any of our online forms or provide us with feedback. The information we require from you will be indicated on the form as required. It helps us if you provide the other information we ask for but you are under no obligation to do so.
How we use personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
– To deliver the information you request
– To enable you to easily contact us, apply for posts online or other marketing activities
– To provide you with further information from us in the form of latest news Blog posts
We will not sell or disclose any personal information such as your e-mail address to third parties without your prior consent.
How long do we keep your data?
We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years. Generally, however, such personal data held on the practice management system will not be accessed after this time but is likely to be retained.
Clinical records remain the property of the client and at any time a request may be made for a copy of the clinical records. Similarly, a copy of any recorded image e.g. x-rays or laboratory results can be made available to the client.
What are your rights?
You may have access to your personal data held at any time on request. If at any point you believe that the personal information we hold is incorrect, you can request to have it corrected or deleted. Under the GDPR rulings, we would inform our users within 72 hours if any breach of security occurs that might compromise your data.
If you no longer wish to receive communications from Spring Lodge Veterinary Group, you can opt out of receiving them. You can do this in a number of ways:
– Click unsubscribe from e-mails that you receive from us.
– Write to us at Spring Lodge Veterinary Group Witham Centre Powers Hall End Witham Essex CM8 2HG stating your full name and contact details.
Even though this website seeks to provide quality, safe and relevant external links, users ought to apply a policy of caution before following any external web links from this website. Such links are followed at the user’s own risk.
The website owners can neither guarantee nor verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their very best efforts. The website owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications as a result of visiting any external links mentioned.
We encourage you to be cautious and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects your information.
This privacy statement only applies to information collected on this website.
Interactions made through external social media services that this website and the practice participate with are subject to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media service.
Users are encouraged to use social media platforms sensibly and with due care and attention in respect of their own privacy and personal details. We will never ask for sensitive information through social media services and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to get in contact through primary communication channels like phoning us or e-mail.
We reserve the right to publish client pet photos and reviews from our practice Facebook page on our latest news website Blog posts and other social media such as Google Plus. Should you wish any pet photos be removed from our website or social media pages, please contact our web developer in the first instance at email@example.com and the required image/s will be removed straight away.
To disallow any further images of your pet on any of our social media and practice website pages, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Spring Lodge Veterinary Group Witham Centre Powers Hall End Witham Essex CM8 2HG to update your preference. We will never use client pet photos in any of our advertising features without prior client consent.
We aim to keep the Personal Data we hold about you accurate and up to date. If you tell us that we are holding any inaccurate Personal Data about you, we will delete it or correct it promptly. Please e-mail us at email@example.com or write to us at Spring Lodge Veterinary Group Witham Centre Powers Hall End Witham Essex CM8 2HG to update your Personal Data.